Are you a writer with a great book idea with a strong desire to be published? Do you just need the insider scoop on how to perfect and publish your book? Then this is the workshop for you!
This is also your chance to publish a book with Hay House UK and become a bestselling author – one participant will be awarded a publishing contract with Hay House and a £5,000 advance!!!
Join us for a very special two-day workshop with some of Hay House’s finest speakers and authors. The Writer's Workshop will give you the combined wisdom of more than 50 years of writing and publishing experience, including workshops with:
Hay House President/CEO Reid Tracy, who transformed Hay House from a publisher of three books in 1988 to one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world and the leading publisher in the self-help industry.
Michelle Pilley, the Managing Director and Publisher of Hay House UK, will offer key advice as she brings you her 30 years of successful publishing experience and expert knowledge of how to nail a publishing deal.
Julia Cameron, the bestselling author of The Artist’s Way, will lead seminars on her experience of creative writing at its best. Whether you are brand new to her work or have a bookshelf filled with years of ‘Morning Pages’ journals, whether you are working on your first book or your fifth, or simply wishing to experience more creativity, Julia will offer up crucial advice to every attendee.
A novelist, playwright, essayist and short story writer, Cameron works in multiple mediums, and she believes we all have this potential. Using a lively mix of exercises, Q&A and lecture, Cameron provides participants with a rewarding day of expansion. Expect to review basic tools and learn new ones. Writing, Cameron believes, is our birth right. We all have the right to write.
Robert Holden, renowned psychologist and author will lead ‘Courage to Write! Overcoming Inner Blocks to Success.’ Writing is a dare! It’s an act of courage, a form of activism, that sends more love, wisdom and hope out into our world. In Robert’s practical masterclass, he shares essential practices and skills that have helped him make a living as a writer. Themes include:
- The Wait Problem – stop waiting to be ready!
- Befriending the Blank Page
- Meeting the Inner Critic
- Catching the Big Fish (diving deep into your psyche)
- Being Spiritually Bold
- Honouring your Unique Selling Point
- Pick up your Pen and Live! The courage to write is really the courage to be yourself and to share your story with the universe.
Robert Holden Ph.D. is a New York Times Best Selling author of ten books, including Happiness NOW!, Shift Happens!, Authentic Success and Life Loves You (co-written with Louise Hay). Robert’s pioneering work on psychology and spirituality has been featured on Oprah, Good Morning America, a PBS special Shift Happens! and in two major BBC TV documentaries.
You’ll get the inside information about publishing your book that you’ve always wanted to know.
- How to organize your thoughts into a book
- How to rewrite and refine your work
- How to manifest the determination to publish your book
- How to get a publisher’s attention
- How to find an agent
- How to write a book proposal
- How to handle rejections from publishers
- How to contact the press about your book
- How to choose between self-publishing and traditional publishing
- How to build your platform and social media
- How to make a business out of being a writer/author
You’ll also watch exclusive videos of leading Hay House authors as they share their writing process, how they first got published and the secrets that led to their publishing success.
Note: All attendees will receive a special Goody Bag worth £50 on the day!
10am–12.30pm: Morning session
1.30-5pm: Afternoon session
5–6pm: Signing Sessions
10am–1pm: Morning session
2–5pm: Afternoon session
Please note that lunch is not provided. Additional breaks will be scheduled on the day.
This could be YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House UK and become a bestselling author! One participant is guaranteed a £5,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House!
Those participants interested in qualifying for the £5,000 advance and publishing contract are required to submit a book proposal.
To be considered for the £5,000 advance and publishing contract, attendees should submit their book proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March 2018 (Note: email size limit is 10MB).
- Please include your cover letter, proposal and all relevant links in one document.
- Please be sure to include your name and title of your proposal in the filename of the final document you send. For example, a Word document should be saved as ‘Sally Smith – Manifesting Peace Proposal’.
- Participants will learn how to put together a book proposal and will leave the workshop with a manual that details best practices and sample book proposals.
- The winner will be announced on Friday 25th May 2018.
ACCESS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
We are committed to making our events accessible to all individuals. Should you require any information or assistance prior to your arrival, please email email@example.com or call 020 3675 2450.
REFUNDS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tickets are non-refundable, however we will happily exchange any Hay House UK event ticket for a credit note, up to 30 days prior to the event. Credit notes will be valid for all future Hay House UK events within 12 months, subject to ticket availability. Between two and 30 days prior to the event, Hay House will consider requests for an exchange on an individual basis. All requests must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you must be 18 years old or over to attend this event.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions before purchasing.