Writer's Workshop 2019 Birmingham
Regular Price £339.00 HayHouse.co.uk £279.00 (save 17.7%)
- Event Details
- Location & Accommodations
- Registration Information
Writer's Workshop 2019 Dublin
Saturday-Sunday, November 2-3, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pmAre you a writer with a great book idea with a strong desire to be published? Do you just need the insider scoop on how to perfect and publish your book? Then this is the workshop for you! This is also your chance to publish a book with Hay House UK and become a bestselling author – one participant will be awarded a publishing contract with Hay House and a £5,000 advance!!! Join us for a very special two-day workshop with some of Hay House’s finest speakers and authors. The Writer's Workshop will give you the combined wisdom of more than 50 years of writing and publishing experience, including workshops with: Hay House President/CEO Reid Tracy, who transformed Hay House from a publisher of three books in 1988 to one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world and the leading publisher in the self-help industry. Michelle Pilley, the Managing Director and Publisher of Hay House UK, will offer key advice as she brings you her 30 years of successful publishing experience and expert knowledge of how to nail a publishing deal. Julia Cameron, the bestselling author of The Artist’s Way, will lead seminars on her experience of creative writing at its best. Whether you are brand new to her work or have a bookshelf filled with years of ‘Morning Pages’ journals, whether you are working on your first book or your fifth, or simply wishing to experience more creativity, Julia will offer up crucial advice to every attendee. Rebecca Campbell is a writer, creative, artist and the bestselling Hay House author (Light Is The New Black, Rise Sister Rise and the Work Your Light Oracle) and creator of the Rise Sister Rise Sisterhood Membership. A winner of the Writer’s Workshop competition in 2013 Rebecca will be sharing her own unique experience of becoming a successful writer and her own writing process. You will also be taken through interactive writing exercises to get your creativity flowing, and will leave with the tools and techniques you need to write your book! You’ll get the inside information about publishing your book that you’ve always wanted to know. You’ll learn:
- How to organize your thoughts into a book
- How to rewrite and refine your work
- How to manifest the determination to publish your book
- How to get a publisher’s attention
- How to find an agent
- How to write a book proposal
- How to handle rejections from publishers
- How to contact the press about your book
- How to choose between self-publishing and traditional publishing
- How to build your platform and social media
- How to make a business out of being a writer/author
- Please include your cover letter, proposal and all relevant links in one document.
- Please be sure to include your name and title of your proposal in the filename of the final document you send. For example, a Word document should be saved as ‘Sally Smith – Manifesting Peace Proposal’.
- Participants will learn how to put together a book proposal and will leave the workshop with a manual that details best practices and sample book proposals.
- The winner will be announced on Friday 22 May 2020.
10am–5pm: Workshop (will include morning, lunch and afternoon breaks) 5–6pm: Signing Sessions Sunday:
9–10am: Doors open
10am–5pm: Workshop (will include morning, lunch and afternoon breaks) *All times are subject to change. Please note that lunch is not provided.
ACCESS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTSWe are committed to making our events accessible to all individuals. Should you require any information or assistance prior to your arrival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3675 2450.
REFUNDS AND TERMS & CONDITIONSTickets are non-refundable, however we will happily exchange any Hay House UK event ticket for a credit note, up to 30 days prior to the event. Credit notes will be valid for all future Hay House UK events within 12 months, subject to ticket availability. Between two and 30 days prior to the event, Hay House will consider requests for an exchange on an individual basis. All requests must be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please note you must be 18 years old or over to attend this event. Please read our full Terms & Conditions before purchasing.
Location & Accommodations
About the Venue
Write Your Own Review