Are you a writer with a great book idea and a strong desire to be published? Do you just need the inside scoop on how to perfect and publish your book? Then this is the workshop for you!
This is also your chance to publish a book with Hay House UK and become a bestselling author – one participant will be awarded a publishing contract with Hay House and a £5,000 advance!!!
Join us for a very special two-day workshop with some of Hay House’s finest speakers and authors. The Writer's Workshop will give you the combined wisdom of more than 50 years of writing and publishing experience, and will include workshops with:
Reid Tracy, Hay House President/CEO who transformed Hay House from a publisher of three books in 1988 to one of the largest independent publishing companies in the world and the leading publisher in the self-help industry.
Michelle Pilley, the Managing Director and Publisher of Hay House UK, will offer key advice as she shares her 30 years of successful publishing experience and expert knowledge of how to nail a publishing deal.
Julia Cameron, the bestselling author of The Artist's Way, will lead seminars on her experience of creative writing at its best. Whether you are new to her work or have a bookshelf filled with years of 'Morning Pages' journals, whether you are working on your first book or your fifth, or simply wishing to experience more creativity, Julia will offer up crucial advice to every attendee.
David Hamilton, author of nine books published by Hay House, including How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body, I Heart Me, and the Amazon bestseller The Five Side Effects of Kindness. David will provide invaluable insight on his journey from self-publishing to becoming a bestselling author.
You’ll get the inside information about publishing your book that you’ve always wanted to know.
- How to organize your thoughts into a book
- How to rewrite and refine your work
- How to manifest the determination to publish your book
- How to get a publisher’s attention
- How to find an agent
- How to write a book proposal
- How to handle rejections from publishers
- How to contact the press about your book
- How to choose between self-publishing and traditional publishing
- How to build your platform and social media
- How to make a business out of being a writer/author
You’ll also watch exclusive videos of leading Hay House authors as they share their writing process, how they first got published and the secrets that led to their publishing success.
This could be YOUR chance to publish a book with Hay House UK and become a bestselling author! One participant is guaranteed a £5,000 advance and a publishing contract with Hay House! The runner-up will receive a Standard Self-Publishing Package from Balboa Press worth £1,499!
Those participants interested in qualifying for the £5,000 advance and publishing contract are required to submit a book proposal.
To be considered for the £5,000 advance and publishing contract, attendees should submit their book proposal via email to email@example.com by 24th March 2019 (Note: email size limit is 10MB).
- Please include your cover letter, proposal and all relevant links in one document.
- Please be sure to include your name and title of your proposal in the filename of the final document you send. For example, a Word document should be saved as ‘Sally Smith – Manifesting Peace Proposal’.
- Participants will learn how to put together a book proposal and will leave the workshop with a manual that details best practices and sample book proposals.
- The winner will be announced on Friday 24th May 2019.
ACCESS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
We are committed to making our events accessible to all individuals. Should you require any information or assistance prior to your arrival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3675 2450.
REFUNDS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS
Tickets are non-refundable, however we will happily exchange any Hay House UK event ticket for a credit note, up to 30 days prior to the event. Credit notes will be valid for all future Hay House UK events within 12 months, subject to ticket availability. Between two and 30 days prior to the event, Hay House will consider requests for an exchange on an individual basis. All requests must be submitted by email to email@example.com
Please note you must be 18 years old or over to attend this event.
Please read our full Terms & Conditions before purchasing.